** Worcester Area Territory
The Overlook Visiting Nurse Association (OVNA) Registered Nurse plans and provides individualized nursing care and comprehensive services to home care patients.
• Assesses patient’s health problems and needs and develops a plan of care
• Evaluates the outcomes of the care delivery, and communicates changes in condition with the physician
• Provides direct skilled nursing care as per physician orders
• Observes patients, charting and reporting changes in patient’s conditions, such as adverse reactions to medications or treatment and takes any necessary action
• Updates documentation in medical record and prepares other reports as needed
• Educates patient and families in self-care and health management
• Collaborates with the physician and other home health care providers, within and outside The Overlook to enhance patient care
• Provides case management when appropriate
• Participates in agency quality management and safety activities
• Completes home health aide supervisions and orientations as needed
• Co-signs orders and provides oversight of care for LPNs
• Attends case conference as requested
• Other duties as directed
• Must possess a current, active license to practice as an Registered Nurse (RN) in Massachusetts
• Minimum of one year of nursing experience, medical-surgical or home care preferred
• Current CPR certification required
• Must possess a valid MA driver’s license and reliable transportation
Why choose the Overlook
Located on a beautiful 450 acre campus in Charlton, Massachusetts, The Overlook Retirement Community and Health Center offers 221 independent living residences and a complete continuum of care including post-acute, assisted living, memory care, CARE management services, and skilled nursing for long and short-term care needs. The Overlook sponsored by the Masonic Health System of Massachusetts has a proud tradition of service since 1911.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.